DriveWorksXpress is the free design automation tool included in every license of SOLIDWORKS. You’ll find it already installed inside the SOLIDWORKS tools menu, all you need to do is activate it.
DriveWorksXpress automates the creation of SOLIDWORKS Parts, Assemblies and Drawings based on your rules and design knowledge. More and more companies are adopting design automation techniques to save time, reduce repetitive engineering tasks and minimise costly errors.
Design automation is becoming the norm and engineering professionals can gain the skills they need by completing the DriveWorksXpress Training and Certification, a free certification for all engineering and design professionals.
Becoming a Certified DriveWorksXpress Associate (CDWXA) gives you new skills to add to your résumé and educates you about a product you can use to work smarter.
You can become a Certified DriveWorksXpress Associate by completing 3 steps in just 3 hours:
Step 1: Download and complete the DriveWorksXpress Training Tutorial.
Step 2: Take a short online test to complete the certification.
Step 3: Continue your learning with more tutorials and sample projects.
DriveWorks provide all the resources you need to easily complete the DriveWorksXpress Training and Certification and gain this valuable new skill. As a SOLIDWORKS engineer you have access to these free DriveWorksXpress resources:
- Online Help File – just press F1 inside DriveWorksXpress.
- Webinars – monthly webinar to learn the basics of DriveWorksXpress.
- Little Book of Rules – a handy guide to writing rules in DriveWorks.
- Sample Projects – downloadable example projects for a range of industries.
- How to Videos – short video clips covering DriveWorksXpress functionality.
- Tutorials – add to your knowledge with extra tutorials and videos.
Take the Certification
To add to your SOLIDWORKS certifications and become a CDWXA, simply go to http://www.driveworksxpresscertification.com/ and choose a zone based on whether you are an engineering student or professional.