Once you’ve created your complex sheet metal design, you need to quickly and easily get it to manufacturing. SOLIDWORKS CAD automatically gathers all of the design features, allowing you to easily produce documentation for your designs to indicate how you would like them manufactured.
SOLIDWORKS provides many easy ways to create manufacturing information, enabling you to:
- Flatten a component at any time to see the blank size for export
- Drag and drop the flat pattern into a drawing and color code unique bend types
- Preview documents and make final adjustments before saving it out to your NC operation
- Use a Bend Table rather than Bend Notes for an at-a-glance place to review all the individual bends
- Gather all the Formed Features on your design and place them in a table that is clean and easy to understand
WATCH THE VIDEO to learn how efficiently you can detail and document your sheet metal designs.