What do manufacturers need to win in today’s landscape? We’ve learned from working with over 10,000 customers — efficient and reliable processes for making parts you need faster, easier, and more economical, right at the point of need.
We’ve built a suite of additive manufacturing (AM) technologies, the Digital Forge platform, to make the benefits of additive manufacturing more reliable and accessible as a solution to even the most demanding manufacturing challenges. The Digital Forge is a complete additive manufacturing platform consisting of industrial 3D printers, enterprise software with process improvement tools, and a wide range of industrial materials.
So, why should manufacturers choose the Digital Forge? Read this article to learn about its unique benefits.
Benefits at a Glance
- Unparalleled strength. Only Markforged offers a patented unique continuous fiber process to produce strong parts quickly, and at low cost. The continuous fiber reinforcement (CFR) process can produce composite parts as strong as 6061 T6 Aluminum.
- World-class reliability. Markforged printers experience high uptime, part accuracy, and low failure rates. Our printers include sensors to monitor machine health and can run unsupervised. 3rd parties report 199 of 200 (99.5%) print success rates.
- Prototyping and production on the same platform. High performance and surface finish quality of parts make Markforged printers an ideal solution for every stage of the product life cycle. Leading manufacturers use the Digital Forge to print parts for prototypes, tooling, end-use, and production.
- Built-in quality control. Only Markforged offers on-board micron-level laser inspection for best-in-class accuracy and repeatability. High resolution printing in both layer height (50 microns) and x/y accuracy (50-120 microns).
- Enterprise software and security. Cloud-enabled software for global-scale enterprise use allows access to a comprehensive additive program in a single user experience. Provides visibility with fleet management, integrated BI dashboard, user provisioning and management, auditing and reporting. Capable of MFA (multi-factor authentication) and SSO (single sign on). Open APIs for system integration.
- The only additive manufacturing platform powered by AI fleet learning. Cloud platform uses data from 10,000 connected printers and over 10M+ completed prints to make our printers continuously smarter through OTA (over-the-air) software updates to Markforged printers.
Powerful 3D printers for high-strength composites
Markforged is the first company to make 3D printers capable of Continuous Fiber Reinforcement (CFR) in parts. What does this mean? You can print composite parts strong enough to replace machined metal.
While chopped carbon fibers are able to improve the mechanical properties and print quality of 3D printed thermoplastics, continuous fibers can further increase part strength by an order of magnitude. Print metal-strength composite parts with confidence they will perform.
The most accessible metal 3D printing
While expensive and complicated is considered the reality of any metal fabrication process, one metal printing process defies this status quo.
Metal fused filament fabrication (metal FFF) is the first additive manufacturing process that makes metal fabrication fast, cost-effective, and user-friendly.
3D print a wide range of industrial metals — stainless steel, tool steels, pure copper, and Inconel — without the need for highly trained operators or extensive PPE. Use of bound powder feedstock, as opposed to other metal additive manufacturing processes which use loose powder makes the Markforged Metal X system safer and easier to use.
To read the full article, click here.